Language and Cookery Course
Cooking is a relaxing, enjoyable way of practising your English. You will learn how to make delicious English meals (meat/fish or vegetarian), bread, pastries, cakes and puddings.
On this course you will have 3 (or 4) hours of formal English lessons and 3 hours of cookery lessons every day. You can continue practising your speaking and listening skills while enjoying making English food (and eating it!). You will learn how to cook typical English dishes such as Lancashire hotpot, Cornish Pasties, Fisherman’s pie as well as soups, bread, cakes and puddings. Vegetarian options are also available.
- 7 days (6 nights) or 14 days (13 nights) accommodation with private bathroom
- Breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner every day
- 15 hours of cookery lessons per week
- 15 (or 20) hours one to one lessons in General English/Exam preparation or Business English per week
- Course book with CD to take home and a copy of all the recipes
- A guided walk to Bath city centre on the first day
Typical schedule for one week Language and Cookery course
- MondayMorningEnglish TuitionAfternoonOrientation walk to city centre and brief introduction to tourist attractions in Bath Cookery lessonsEveningFree time for relaxing or self-study
- TuesdayMorningCookery lessonsAfternoonEnglish tuitionEveningFree time for relaxing or self-study
- WednesdayMorningEnglish tuitionAfternoonCookery lessonsEveningFree time for relaxing or self-study
- ThursdayMorningCookery lessonsAfternoonEnglish tuitionEveningFree time for relaxing or self-study
- FridayMorningEnglish tuitionAfternoonCookery lessonsEveningDinner party